Don’t Break the Bank: Run IT, Change IT
Adding Sprinkles to the Cloud and Hypervisor Conversation
In this episode of Don’t Break the Bank, we talk to Kit Colbert, VMware Cloud CTO about recent game changing innovations in the vSphere Hypervisor and how this helps in cloud architecture - portability, cost and even Kubernetes adoption.
- Technology changes are hard, but they're never quite as hard as the people, process and organizational changes that need to happen - the culture changes.
- The notion of agile portability is critical and getting progressively easier.
- When going through a digital transformation, it’s really important to talk about it openly as a community - what’s working, what’s not, and to learn from it.
- "I think VMware is on a journey. If we're successful, people will think very differently of us. They will not think of us as just a virtualization company. They'll think of us as a multi-cloud modern application...and that’s a great opportunity.” - Kit
- “From a VMware standpoint, we’re leveraging Kubernetes as a standard framework...and then building integrated functionality on top of that. So the end result for customers is that it's just a seamless experience. And yes, Kubernetes is there under the covers, and you can absolutely interact with it if you want to, but you also don't have to.” - Kit
- “That notion of culture change is extraordinarily difficult and will be by far the hardest part about any sort of transformation.” - Kit
Kit Colbert LinkedIn
Kit Colbert Twitter
Kit Colbert Blog
About the Hosts
Matthew O'Neill is a husband, dad, geek and Industry Managing Director, Advanced Technology Group in the Office of the CTO at VMware.
You can find Matthew on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Brian Hayes is an audiophile, dad, builder of sheds, maker of mirth, world traveller and EMEA Financial Services Industry Lead at VMware.
You can find Brian on LinkedIn.